jeudi 14 avril 2011

100mm 3D WhiteLight-Ha Asymetrical Bino ...

or WHaAsyBi? sounds like Wasabi, the green hot Japan spice, Green Hot, like the sun in green (Baader continuum) red (Halpha)... ;-)




Having a lunt 100THa and a Astro Professionnal 100 with a Baader wedge (and spend too much time under heavy sun...), I noticed that the front objectives are the same: 102ED F/7. So instead of switching between the two scope, I wondered what if ...., as they are identical, what if I could see in the two at the same time? One eye in Ha, the other in White light, 3D effect like red/green glasses?
Having in mind the note on Asymetrical Bino Scope, I tried it yesterday, a zoom on one side and a powermate 2.5x/extender/25mm plossl on the other side and a double plate to mount the two scopes: the 100mm WHaAsyBi was ready in my kitchen!!!
After struggling on making the 2 scopes parallel (folded paper bits), adjusting the power on one side, the focus on both, I could finally merge the 2 images in my brain. It's really amazing, the surface details are seen with a 3D effet, improving both views. It's also nice to compare the spot interaction with proms. Sorry I could test only one power (70x) and about 30min, as the clouds arrived....I'm impatient to improve the stability of the parallism and to try other powers with a beter seeing than from my kitchen window !!!

Hope other solar addicts will try it too and other WHaAsyBi will be out soon!!!

Cheers from Paris, third Solar System planet

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire